Canon EOS C100 MarkII Announced and available for pre-order
The C100 Mark II is now shipping.
I’ve just heard from B&H that they are now taking pre-orders for a Mark II version of the Canon EOS C100. Having a quick look through the specifications reveals some really important updates including the following.
• 1080p at 50 and 59.94 frames per second.
• Built in Dual Pixel AF including face detection AF mode
• MP4 recording option as well as AVCHD
• Additional Mic built in to the body for audio recording without the handle attached
• Body now includes mini joystick to allow full control without handle attached
• 3.5″ OLED Display with more position options and controls
• EVF Almost twice as large as the original C100 with a much better design (much like the C300)
• Built in Wireless support
The C100 Mark II is now available for Pre-order at B&H Photo for $5,499
We use your PJCineHD Profile for the C100s we have, just got a Mark 2. Any chance you will be making an updated profile for the Mark 2 that will match the PJCineHD profile you created for the Mark 1 C100s? I tried loading the profile onto the Mark 2, but it won’t recognize them :(
Hi Chris. If I get my hands on a MKII I’ll look at putting a matching profile together.
Paul, (Moe) – my experience after receiving the C100mkII is that the new OLED screen has a slightly darkened green cast to it, but the WB worked correctly, so my shots appear more accurate once they’re on my editing system.
I also discovered that the C100mkII doesn’t output progressive over HDMI in 23.98 or 29.97; in both those recording formats the output is 59.94i and I cannot test 60p because the Ninja 2 doesn’t record 60p, however when I select 1920 x 1080p 59.94 (60p) the Ninja 2 sees it as 59.94i as well – although this might be due to the Ninja not being able to record 60p.
I have written Canon to find out if the C100mkII can output ANY progressive signal. Still waiting for the reply. If anyone knows the answer, please share! Thanks – s
Sigh! I just bought the C100 DAF!
Question for you Paul,
Whenever I custom white balance I get a green-ish color tint/cast. How’d I get red of that!
Also the monitor doesn’t show actual colors, do you recommend any external monitor?
Hi Moe. How are you performing the custom colour balance?
oh wow, i hadn’t even heard about this yet.
better slow motion than my C300, but not as good as the FS7.
thanks for the info.